Monday, February 4, 2013

Pondering Valentines



Have you started thinking about valentines yet? I've been thinking about them for a while now, being that Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays, but so far I only have a few ideas tucked in the back of my mind. Do you prefer store bought valentine's or homemade? If I come up with a good idea, I love making my own but there are times when the store bought ones make their way into my valentine stash. Sometimes the good ideas just run dry. 

This year I have what I think is a good idea for layered valentines. Assorted paper, magazine clippings, glue and paint... Like a layered cake but only with paper and glue... and paint for frosting. It sounds weird I know... I'll be back in a few days with more on that... and let you know if store bought valentines are on my horizon.

In the meantime, what are your plans for Valentine's Day? Any fun surprises up your sleeves? I'd love to hear about them! 

Oh, and I absolutely love the Valentine photo below by my friend Danette Mitchell. She does incredible photography work AND she has a fabulous blog too called Danny In The City, where she writes and posts her amazing photos about life and happenings in Los Angeles. 

Photo courtesy of Danette Mitchell Photography
Model: Her daughter, Piper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment